Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Grandpa Nelson's Funeral

Grandpa was finally called home early Tuesday morning, April 12, 2016. He was a great man, but what I will remember most is the way he always made me feel. The last time I saw him he had to have told me at least 1/2 a dozen times that I was beautiful, kind and good. I love him so much and so proud of him and the legacy he leaves behind. He served in the Navy during World War II and I am so grateful for his sacrifice and service. He was a handsome man, an honorable man and I hope that I can live my life in such a way that would make him proud. I get my height and long toes from him. :) You could take one look at our feet and you would know that I am his granddaughter. Here are some photos of the dedication of the grave. We lost another hero last week. He will be sorely missed.




























No comments:

Post a Comment